How does nutrition help?
We literally are what we eat. The food/drink/ supplements/ medication and air you breathe all impact how your body functions on a daily basis. Naturopathic Nutrition looks at the person as a whole and identifies imbalances in the body. Food is then used to correct these imbalances.
Nutritional Therapy can help the symptoms of various conditions:
Blood sugar imbalances
Structural issues - bones, skin conditions, joint pain
What to expect:
I'll send you a health questionnaire and for a food diary for a week.
We'll then go through this information and a full medical history.
I'll work with you to achieve your health goals.
I use cambridge nutritional sciences food print, which tests 59 foods and Brunel Health, which tests 134 foods. Both are finger prick blood tests.
I can also carry out various other testing: Hormone panel, gene testing, digestive tests.
My journey with food started when I was 21, following some debilitating digestive issues, which led me to see a Nutritionist in Brighton. I loved all the health food shops in Brighton and trying all the healthy food. I knew I wanted to learn more and enrolled at CNM in London, completing a 3 year Diploma in Nutritional Therapy, qualifying in 2009. Since then I’ve become a member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association, am a Graduate of AFMCP – UK 2017; which is a functional medicine qualification and am a Breast Cancer UK Ambassador. I’m also trained and insured to do blood food intolerance testing and offer various testing.
Healthy body, healthy mind, healthy results! The body depends on quality food choices.
Are you concerned your diet might be causing or leading to illness, fatigue, injuries, obesity and high blood pressure?
The Nutrition Consultations will help re-educate you with healthy food choices and how simple changes in the diet can improve mood, boost energy levels and reduce any chances of developing any illness and injuries.
The appointments will constitute of the following;
- Advisor and Client meet for an Initial Consultation
- Par Q and Health Questionnaire is completed.
- Information Gathering (Diet history, past and present). Family History associated to current health conditions investigated by advisor.
- Body Analysis done if applicable (Height, Weight, Measurements etc.)
- Food diary given for 3 days of documenting clients eating habits.
- Each Appointment is approximately 45 min to 1 hour.
- The client will receive two appointments.
- Cost is £40 for the 2 appointments and £25 for an additional third appointment if the client decides to choose the Adopt Nutrition pathway.